Saint-Pierre : Grands-Bois factory
La RéunionReference
PA97400035
Latitude
-21.360417
Longitude
55.527222
Address
255 C Avenue du Général de Gaulle 97410 Saint-Pierre
Construction era
2e moitié 19e siècle
Protection date
1998/10/22 : inscrit MH
Protection cause
Ensemble des bâtiments dénommés ancienne maison des directeurs, y compris le sol du jardin et ses aménagements (allées, sculptures) (cad. ET 1022 à 1024, 1026) : inscription par arrêté du 22 octobre 1998
Description
This residence was part of a large sugar domain established at the beginning of the 19th century, while the factory was built in 1875. During the 20th century, the estate was divided, and the factory closed in 1991. The house, which dates from the same time as the factory, underwent modifications in the 1920s: a closed terrace was added between 1922 and 1925, replacing a gallery open with lowered arcs. Certain decorative elements of the house are of high quality, such as parquet floors and ceilings that imitate stucco.