Picture of Castle - Manfred Heyde - © Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.fr) Picture of Castle - Jaap Herschel / Anefo - © Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.fr) Picture of Castle - Jaap Herschel / Anefo - © Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.fr) Picture of Castle - Jaap Herschel / Anefo - © Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.fr)

Lignières : Castle

Cher

Reference

PA00096826

Latitude

46.75004461

Longitude

2.17900204

Address

26 Cht de Lignieres 18160 Lignières

Construction era

3e quart 17e siècle

Protection date

1935/06/27 : classé MH

Protection cause

Le château, ses dépendances (cour d'honneur, douves, bâtiments des communs) et le petit parc (délimité par un trait rouge sur le plan annexé à l'arrêté) : classement par arrêté du 27 juin 1935

Description

This castle was built from 1654 by François Le Vau for Jérôme again, who was the Grand Master of the Posts and Relais de France as well as a Parisian financier. Its construction is based on the foundations of a feudal castle which was demolished in 1653. The main building was erected between 1654 and 1656. Then, the gallery was added, followed in 1660 by the construction of the two pavilions which frame the terrace of entrance on the courtyard. The moats replaced the ditches, produced by Larivière. The plans of the gardens were designed by ours but were not implemented. Gabriel Thévenon, a master gardener from Paris, developed the gardens, while the canals were produced by Jérôme Drouard, Le Gendre de Larivière and Maître Fontainier de Paris. The work was led by Robert Geoffroy, architect who died in 1660, then by the entrepreneur René Boissonnet, who was still active in the Basses-Cours in 1665.

Close monuments