Trégon : Old church
Côtes-d'ArmorReference
PA00089698
Latitude
48.569757
Longitude
-2.182825
Address
5009 Le Bourg (Trégon) 22650 Beaussais-sur-Mer
Construction era
2e moitié 11e siècle
Protection date
1946/06/18 : inscrit MH
Protection cause
Portail servant actuellement d'entrée à la sacristie de l'église Saint-Pétrock (cad. A 262) : inscription par arrêté du 18 juin 1946
Description
The church of Trégon was originally a priory of the Abbey of Saint-Jacut, already mentioned in the 12th century. At the back of the sacristy, which acts as an entrance, is the old gate of the church, dating from the 11th century. This Romanesque portal is actually a more recent construction due to the evolution of architectural styles in Brittany. The new church was rebuilt between 1843 and 1880. The portal was in well -cut granite, with a semicircular arc which is chamfered. The door is surrounded by a second protruding arch, decorated with a torment in torus. Another semi -fitting arc, located at the top, embellishes the upper part and serves as archivolt. The Listel is decorated with sawtooth patterns. Above the door is a kind of frieze made up of small stone cubes alternating between flat surfaces and hollows.