Plourac'h : Notre-Dame and Calvary Church
Côtes-d'ArmorReference
PA00089517
Latitude
48.416779777775
Longitude
-3.5474731212213
Address
12 Rue de l'Argoat 22160 Plourac'h
Construction era
16e siècle
Protection date
1912/01/29 : classé MH ; 1926/02/22 : inscrit MH
Protection cause
Eglise (cad. AB 57, 58) : classement par arrêté du 29 janvier 1912 ; Calvaire : inscription par arrêté du 22 février 1926
Description
This church played a major role during the Middle Ages and was embellished thanks to significant donations, of which there are elements such as a Vermeil chalice and a silver reliquary offered by the Duchess Anne. The building is fully built in size stone. The columns of the nave and the large rosette of the main window testify to the end of the 14th century. The flamboyant windows and the southern porch date from the 15th century. The porch is decorated with sculptures of the apostles resting on bases in the shape of lamps and under stone canopies. The ossuary and the bell tower are from the 16th century. Wooden vaults are based on a carved cornice of fantastic animals and grotesque characters. Near the church, in the cemetery, is a 15th century ordeal. This is made up of a base surmounted by three crosses representing Jesus and the two thieves. On branch -shaped supports, there are two statues of holy women. Just below, an angel holds the instruments of passion. At the foot of the cross, four characters attend a descent of the cross, while on the rear, there is a representation of the flogging.