Montbéliard : Garden pavilion, called "Lodge"
DoubsReference
PA25000061
Latitude
47.50758419
Longitude
6.79411232
Address
2 Rue Charles Contejean 25200 Montbéliard
Construction era
4e quart 17e siècle
Protection date
2009/02/27 : inscrit MH
Protection cause
L'ensemble du pavillon de jardin avec ses décors (cad. BV 85) : inscription par arrêté du 27 février 2009
Description
It is a small rectangular building with a roof in a pavilion. He has a ground floor and an overhanging floor on the side of the river, as well as a gallery with balustrade on the city side. The floor includes a piece which is covered by a wooden -style wooden arch, decorated with allegorical painted scenes evoking the four parts of the world, inspired by the iconology of Cesare Ripa. These decorations date back to the period between 1685 and 1696. Originally, the lodge was a rather simple structure used to store harvests and tools, but in Montbéliard, these lodges turned into real leisure pavilions.