Saint-Aubin-d'Écrosville : Domaine de Saint-Aubin-d'Ecrosville
EureReference
PA00099542
Latitude
49.14111822
Longitude
1.00762316
Address
42 Rue du Château 27110 Saint-Aubin-d'Écrosville
Construction era
2e quart 17e siècle
Protection date
2001/12/14 : inscrit MH ; 2004/10/20 : classé MH ; 2005/09/07 : classé MH
Protection cause
Les intérieurs du château : inscription par arrêté du 14 décembre 2001 - Le domaine : château, parc et jardins, avenues avec l'ensemble des éléments bâtis, à l'exclusion des intérieurs du château et des statues (cad. B 35, ; C 64, 65, 67, 90, 151 à 155, 157, 158, 160, 161, 295, 297, 310, 328, 330, 331, 567, 569 à 571, 575 à 577, 593) : classement par arrêté du 20 octobre 2004, modifié par arrêté du 7 septembre 2005
Description
The castle was built around 1640 by one of the largest families in Normandy, Les Leroux. It consists of a large main brick and stone building, accompanied by lower wings, and it keeps inside decorative elements of the 17th and 19th centuries. In 1688, it was sold to the Pavyot family, who still owned it, being their descendants allied with the Noailles. In the 1860s, major works were carried out in the courtyard of honor, and large stables were built by the architect Destaineurs, while the park was redeveloped. Since 1950, the owners have been trying to restore the park in its state in the early 18th century, while creating gardens to exhibit sculptures from Hyères.