Picture of La Louvière villa - User:Otourly - © Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.fr) Picture of La Louvière villa - POP Plateforme Ouverte du Patrimoine / Base Mérimée - © Ministère de la Culture (France), Médiathèque du patrimoine et de la photographie, tous droits réservés Picture of La Louvière villa - POP Plateforme Ouverte du Patrimoine / Base Mérimée - © Ministère de la Culture (France), Médiathèque du patrimoine et de la photographie, tous droits réservés Picture of La Louvière villa - POP Plateforme Ouverte du Patrimoine / Base Mérimée - © Ministère de la Culture (France), Médiathèque du patrimoine et de la photographie, tous droits réservés

Montluçon : La Louvière villa

Allier

Reference

PA00132730

Latitude

46.342143

Longitude

2.616939

Address

9007 Avenue Cimetière de l'Est 03100 Montluçon

Construction era

2e quart 20e siècle

Protection date

1994/02/07 : inscrit MH

Protection cause

Villa et parc, y compris le portail d'entrée et le mur de clôture, le bâtiment du musée, les statues, hauts-reliefs, fontaines, colonnes, bassins, exèdre, pergolas, et pièces suivantes avec leur décor : grand salon, petit salon, pièce aux assiettes, vestibule, cuisine, escalier d'honneur, escalier de service, galerie, chambre gothique de Monsieur avec son cabinet de toilette, chambre de Madame avec sa salle-de-bains, chambre de Mademoiselle avec son cabinet de toilette, chambre jaune avec son cabinet de toilette, salon aux colonnes (cad. AK 199) : inscription par arrêté du 7 février 1994

Description

The villa was built in 1927 by the architect Sappin des Reynaud for François-Joseph Troubat, a rich industrialist, born in 1874 and died in 1968. She was designed to house her collections of furniture and works of art. Inspired by an 18th century pavilion, the facades of the building are inspired by the petty-trianon. Madame's bathroom is decorated with art deco style mosaics. In 1953, the architect P. Bougerolle enlarged the villa, adding two new round wings intended to serve as exhibition halls. An additional exhibition building, designed by the same architect, was added in 1960. In 1976, the whole was given to the city to become a museum. The park is home to high reliefs made by sculptors Fanny Rozet, Caparello and Schnedd, recovered during the demolition of a hotel in Paris on avenue des Champs-Élysées.

Close monuments