Reference
PA00093196
Latitude
46.562368
Longitude
3.33347
Address
4 Rue de Lyon 03000 Moulins
Construction era
2e moitié 15e siècle;16e siècle;17e siècle;19e siècle
Protection date
1986/03/18 : classé MH
Protection cause
Eglise Saint-Pierre (cad. AV 436) : classement par arrêté du 18 mars 1986
Description
This old church of the Carmelite Convent was founded in 1350 on the site of a chapel dedicated to Notre-Dame de Pitié. The building includes a nave of five spans with side chapels, except the first which serves as narthex, as well as a choir and a polygonal apse. At the end of the 15th century, side spans were added to the apse to prolong the chapels, and to the south, three naves of two spans were integrated. In the 16th century, a bell tower was built, separated from the facade by a spiral staircase turret. In the 17th century, a chapel of four spans was added to the west of the choir, divided into two vessels. The five spans of the nave and the right span of the choir are covered with warhead vaults with formrets and longitudinal ie. The first span of the nave has a fence dating from the 17th century. The three sides of the apse were open with arcs modified in the 17th century to host a classic style decor, comprising Corinthian columns supporting a broken pediment, on parts added at the end of the 15th century. This nun choir is attached to the original building. This set is an example of architecture from the beginning of the 16th century.