Reference
PA30000017
Latitude
44.0831
Longitude
4.3562
Address
360 Route du Puget 30580 Belvézet
Construction era
13e siècle;14e siècle
Protection date
1998/08/03 : inscrit MH
Protection cause
Donjon et ruines du castellas, en totalité (cad. E 200) : inscription par arrêté du 3 août 1998
Description
The Castrum is mentioned in a charter dating from 1207 and then belonged to the Lord of Uzès. The base of the dungeon presents on one at two levels a very resistant limestone wall, while the upper part, as well as the building body and the speaker, are constructed in a less careful manner, indicating a period of subsequent construction. The semicircular vault which currently covers the dungeon is pierced to allow access to a scale and a man at a final level, only the traces of a window are on the west side. An interior staircase, two steps of which are still visible in the east wall, made it possible to access a door overlooking a slab on the east side. The openings are few. In front of the current entrance, located on the ground floor, is a cellar used as a tank, which has partially kept its plaster in waterproof tiles. The southwest angle shows signs of tearing, perhaps due to a scalable. North of the keep, a large room was built and then modified. It could have been a main building or a guards room. The southern wall of the keep was extended and formed a link with the north wall of this building. This set was part of a first enclosure with four semi-circular towers at the corners. All this seems to correspond to a second phase of construction. Perpendicular to the outer enclosure, on the inner side, walls supporting a series of cottages or cells, each with an archère, were still visible at the beginning of the 20th century.