Picture of Périer hotel - Albertvillanovadelmoral - © Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.fr) Picture of Périer hotel - POP Plateforme Ouverte du Patrimoine / Base Mérimée - © Donation Marcel Bovis, Ministère de la Culture (France), Médiathèque du patrimoine et de la photographie, diffusion GrandPalaisRmn Photo Picture of Périer hotel - POP Plateforme Ouverte du Patrimoine / Base Mérimée - © Monuments historiques Picture of Périer hotel - POP Plateforme Ouverte du Patrimoine / Base Mérimée - © Monuments historiques

Montpellier : Périer hotel

Hérault

Reference

PA00103580

Latitude

43.608450766663

Longitude

3.8784990359395

Address

11 Grand-Rue Jean Moulin 34000 Montpellier

Construction era

4e quart 18e siècle

Protection date

1965/06/01 : inscrit MH

Protection cause

Façades sur rue et sur cour et toitures correspondantes ; escalier avec rampe en fer forgé ; galeries avec grilles en fer forgé (cad. L 1075) : inscription par arrêté du 1er juin 1965

Description

An establishment called "L'Ecu de Bretagne" was at this site in 1565. The reconstruction of the hotel took place after 1779 and was to be completed in 1782. At the beginning of the 19th century, the hotel was separated from its game overlooking rue des Etuves. A plaque commemorates the birth of the painter Frédéric Bazille in this building in 1841. The facade overlooking the street is composed of two floors above a ground floor and half a level under the attic. It has rectangular windows with a salient banner. The molded frames display crossettes with upper angles and in support. The lintels are decorated with flat -shaped flat keys, except on the upper floor. The Corniche in Larmier supports the Chéneau, with large masks carved under it. A vaulted passage in cradle leads to the courtyard. The lateral facades of this courtyard open onto the apartments on the ground floor by three semicircular arches. The facade in the southwest is different because it has an outdoor gallery which provides access to the staircase level. This balcony is based on a series of sculpted consoles decorated with foliage falls. At the bottom of the courtyard, a large bow in basket handle gives access to the staircase, which includes three stolen per floor. The ramp ironwork has an alternation of right bars, curved in scrolls at the top and bottom, and wavy bars. The starting panel is more richly decorated, with long spiral scrolls starting from a corrugated base, which are deployed according to vegetable inflections and attach to the frame with small olives. In the center, a small pearl rod wraps in a spiral.

Close monuments