Picture of Door called "Du Pont Perrin" and part of the urban enclosure - Travail personnel - © Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.fr) Picture of Door called "Du Pont Perrin" and part of the urban enclosure - Frédéric De Déols - © Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.fr) Picture of Door called "Du Pont Perrin" and part of the urban enclosure - Frédéric De Déols - © Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.fr) Picture of Door called "Du Pont Perrin" and part of the urban enclosure - POP Plateforme Ouverte du Patrimoine / Base Mérimée - © Ministère de la Culture (France), Médiathèque du patrimoine et de la photographie, diffusion RMN-GP

Déols : Door called "Du Pont Perrin" and part of the urban enclosure

Indre

Reference

PA36000032

Latitude

46.8252799

Longitude

1.6987502

Address

2 Rue du Pont Perrin 36130 Déols

Construction era

milieu 15e siècle

Protection date

2011/09/20 : inscrit MH

Protection cause

La porte dite " du pont Perrin " en totalité, et la partie de l'enceinte urbaine comprise dans la maison qui lui est adossée, au sud (cad. BE 218 (2, rue du Pont-Perrin), 219 (rue du Pont-Perrin)) : inscription par arrêté du 20 septembre 2011

Description

The existence of the city enclosure dates back to the middle of the 15th century. At the beginning of the 17th century, three doors made it possible to enter the city: the door of the clock to the north, the door of the Pré Grand in the southeast, and the Port of the Perrin bridge to the south. Currently, two of these doors remain: the door of the clock and the door of the Perrin bridge, both built in the second half of the 15th century. Before 1755, to enter Déols coming from Châteauroux, it was necessary to cross the Indre on the Perrin bridge, then the road led to the eponymous door, which opened on the main artery of the city. The construction of the royal road connecting Paris to Toulouse led to the abandonment of the bridge. At the end of the 18th century, the door was used as town hall and for the judicial hearings of Déols. Between 1796 and 1830, buildings were added to the side facades and a room was arranged under the arch of the passage. Despite the modifications, the Perrin bridge door remains a significant testimony to the city's medieval fortifications.

Close monuments