Saint-Florent-le-Vieil : Cathelineau Chapel
Maine-et-LoireReference
PA49000081
Latitude
47.362654450345
Longitude
-1.013511069513
Address
5329 Rue Jacques Cathelineau (Saint-Florent-le-Vieil) 49410 Mauges-sur-Loire
Construction era
3e quart 19e siècle
Protection date
2010/10/19 : inscrit MH
Protection cause
La chapelle en totalité, à l'exception de l'appentis construit au 20e siècle flanquant la face ouest du narthex (cad. AA 387) : inscription par arrêté du 19 octobre 2010
Description
The chapel is one of the first events of the neo-Plantagenêt style. It was built between 1856 and 1858 by Count Théodore de Quatrebarbes to welcome the tombs of Cathelineau, the chief general of the Vendée armies, who died in Pine En Mauges in 1793, and his son, died in 1832. The chapel was devoted in 1858 by Mgr de Dreux-Brézé, before becoming the property of Saint-Charles in 1861, the town.