Pierre-la-Treiche : Former Saint-Nicolas priory of the Rochotte
Meurthe-et-MoselleReference
PA54000019
Latitude
48.64274991
Longitude
5.91775971
Address
5001 F Château de la Rochotte 54200 Pierre-la-Treiche
Construction era
2e quart 16e siècle
Protection date
2000/07/31 : inscrit MH
Protection cause
Chapelle ; façades, toitures et escalier intérieur avec sa cage du logis du 16e siècle (cad. AH 29, lieudit La Rochotte) : inscription par arrêté du 31 juillet 2000
Description
Established around 1094, the priory of Saint-Nicolas was attached to the Saint-Léon abbey of Toul. In 1537, Jean Forget relaunched the site, which consists of two buildings: the Logis (1541) and the chapel, built at the same time. Inside the chapel, there are 19th century murals in the base, as well as a 1946 work carried out by a German prisoner, Spychalski, in the eardrums of the arcs. In the house, the staircase represents the only visible element of the 16th century arrangements, with a square staircase integrating a screw staircase around a central core formed by a column on a high base.