Reference
PA00085366
Latitude
48.075855
Longitude
7.359099
Address
29 Grand-Rue 68000 Colmar
Construction era
4e quart 15e siècle;16e siècle;18e siècle
Protection date
1930/10/16 : inscrit MH ; 1974/11/29 : classé MH
Protection cause
Intérieur du bâtiment principal et de ses annexes et colonne placée devant la façade principale : inscription par arrêté du 16 octobre 1930 ; Façades et toitures (cad. BR (347) 81) : classement par arrêté du 29 novembre 1974
Description
Located in the center of old Colmar, this complex serving as an exhibition place consists of three buildings reminiscent of its former political and economic functions. - The customs building: the main building, rectangular, was built in 1480. The southern and north facades present the same structure with a large gate overlooked with coat of arms under a canopy, a small door and rectangular windows, as well as a bend ballustrade. The ground floor was formerly intended for the control of imported goods, while the floor hosted the old municipal administration, which included a large meeting room for the representatives of the Decapole, with a wooden ceiling. The intermediate building: an elongated body comprising six openings. The ground floor is embellished with large arcades. On the side of the Grand'rue is a staircase with right angles; On the side of the square, there is a wooden loggia supported by stone columns, as well as a staircase turret with a door decorated in a typically Renaissance style (late 16th, early 17th century). The North Building: Like the previous one, it was used for the compulsory deposit of goods from the COLMAR traders. Its northern facade presents arches in the footsteps on the ground floor, windows with fluted pilasters and human masks upstairs; The lateral gables are adorned with rampants cut in a Renaissance style. General Rapp was born there in 1771.