Paris 4e Arrondissement : Former hotel dit Hotel Le Charron or Vitry
ParisReference
PA00086298
Latitude
48.852611
Longitude
2.356194
Address
15 Quai de Bourbon 75004 Paris
Construction era
1ère moitié 17e siècle
Protection date
1988/07/04 : inscrit MH
Protection cause
L'ancien hôtel en totalité (cad. 04 : 04 AV 9) : inscription par arrêté du 4 juillet 1988
Description
The hotel was built on Île Saint-Louis between 1637 and 1640 by Sébastien Bruand, father of Liberal Bruand, for Jean Charron, who was the general treasurer of the extraordinary wars in Picardy. The artists Ernest Meissonnier and Emile Bernard had their workshop there. Most apartments are equipped with French ceilings decorated with high quality paintings dating from the second half of the 17th century or the beginning of the 18th century.