Picture of Building, former Desmarets mansion - Mbzt - © Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.fr) Picture of Building, former Desmarets mansion - Moonik - © Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.fr) Picture of Building, former Desmarets mansion - POP Plateforme Ouverte du Patrimoine / Base Mérimée - © Ministère de la Culture (France), Médiathèque du patrimoine et de la photographie, tous droits réservés Picture of Building, former Desmarets mansion - POP Plateforme Ouverte du Patrimoine / Base Mérimée - © Ministère de la Culture (France), Musée d'Orsay, diffusion GrandPalaisRmn Photo

Paris 2e Arrondissement : Building, former Desmarets mansion

Paris

Reference

PA00086081

Latitude

48.868103

Longitude

2.339733

Address

16 Bis Rue Vivienne 75002 Paris

Construction era

17e siècle;18e siècle

Protection date

2002/09/03 : inscrit MH

Protection cause

L'ensemble des façades et toitures du bâtiment sur rue, sur cour et sur l'ancien jardin (à l'exception des adjonctions du 20e siècle sur l'ancien jardin tel qu'il est indiqué sur le plan annexé à l'arrêté) ; l'escalier principal, y compris la rampe, et sa cage ; l'intérieur du rez-de-chaussée, du premier et du deuxième étages du bâtiment entre la cour et l'ancien jardin (tel qu'il est indiqué sur le plan annexé à l'arrêté) (cad. AF 02-02) : inscription par arrêté du 3 septembre 2002

Description

The hotel erected for Jacques Coquet, treasurer of France, at the end of the year 1639 can now be assigned without hesitation to Pierre Le Muet. This hotel is one of the models presented in the increases in the art of building the mute. It consisted of two sets of buildings, one overlooking the courtyard and the other between the courtyard and the garden, with two small sheds protruding on the garden and a return wing overlooking the street. It was sold to François Catelan, adviser to the king, who chose in 1659 Jacques and Liberal Bruant to make enlargements. This involved the extension of the building on the courtyard, the elevation of existing structures and the reconstruction of a large stone staircase with two suspended volley. Two ceilings dating from the first half of the 17th century decorate the pieces on the first floor. One of these ceilings, which is part of the additional inventory of historic monuments since 1926, is attributed to Charles Errard. In 1676, the hotel was acquired by Nicolas Desmarets, nephew of Colbert, who carried out a complete renovation. Other works are carried out during the 18th century, including the construction of a new staircase, which is still in place today, with a beautiful wrought iron ramp, built in 1750. After several uses and modifications, this office building must be restored. The elimination of false ceilings has revealed beams, old carpentry elements as well as remarkable ceilings.

Close monuments