Sainte-Marguerite-sur-Mer : Ailly lighthouse
Seine-MaritimeReference
PA76000091
Latitude
49.91599689
Longitude
0.95842286
Address
5020 Route de l'Ancien Phare 76119 Sainte-Marguerite-sur-Mer
Construction era
milieu 20e siècle
Protection date
2010/11/24 : inscrit MH
Protection cause
Le phare en totalité, à savoir la tour, le bâtiment technique (cad. B 219) , la maison du gardien (cad. B 9219) , le portail d'entrée et le tronc de la Société nationale de Sauvetage en Mer (cad. B 219, 9219, 441) : inscription par arrêté du 24 novembre 2010
Description
This lighthouse was designed by the Rouen architects Herr, Dumenil and François and was built between 1950 and 1953. His trunk tower, made of size stone, has a square base. It is surmounted by a protruding coronation with a balustrade which supports a metal cylinder, forming the lantern. The interior of the lighthouse is accessible by a poole building whose gable is decorated with the symbols of the headlights. A staircase suspended in limestone leads to the House of the Square, which is fitted out in the passageway, then to the lantern where there is a focal length, in cut glass, equipped with a halogen lamp. Between 1960 and 1964, a technical building and the guardian's house were built against the tower. The Ailly lighthouse is linked to an old maritime signaling site dating from the end of the 18th century and remains one of the most powerful headlights in the English Channel today.