Saint-Martin-de-Sanzay : Former commandery of Prailles
Deux-SèvresReference
PA79000009
Latitude
47.04257413
Longitude
-0.23547433
Address
1 Chemin de la Commanderie 79290 Saint-Martin-de-Sanzay
Construction era
12e siècle;14e siècle;15e siècle
Protection date
1997/12/29 : inscrit MH partiellement
Protection cause
Les corps de bâtiments anciens (chapelle, aire conventuelle et logis) ; façade sur cour du petit bâtiment méridional (cad. AT 24) : inscription par arrêté du 29 décembre 1997
Description
The commandery was established in the 12th century by the Hospitallers of Saint-Jean de Jerusalem, with a first mention around 1160. The chapel, endowed with rustic vaults, as well as the conventual building, represent vestiges of the first constructions from the 12th to the 14th centuries. The house testifies to a residential concern typical of the 15th and 16th centuries.
Close monuments
Saint-Martin-de-Sanzay • Deux-Sèvres
Old Taizon bridge (also in the commune of Bagneux and Argenton-l'Eglise)
Loretz-d'Argenton • Deux-Sèvres
Old Taizon bridge (also in communes of Bagneux and Saint-Martin-de-Sanzay)
Bagneux • Deux-Sèvres
Former Pont de Taizon (also in municipalities of Argenton-l'Eglise and Saint-Martin-de-Sanzay)
Loretz-d'Argenton • Deux-Sèvres