Nègrepelisse : Saint-Pierre-ès-Liens Church
Tarn-et-GaronneReference
PA82000008
Latitude
44.075616
Longitude
1.52257
Address
5 Rue Saint-Blaise 82800 Nègrepelisse
Construction era
15e siècle;3e quart 19e siècle;1er quart 20e siècle
Protection date
2009/12/11 : classé MH
Protection cause
L'église en totalité (cad. G 428) : classement par arrêté du 11 décembre 2009
Description
In the Middle Ages, the lords of Bruniquel make a donation from the village to the Abbey of Moissac. This abbey built a church in 1097, which was then transferred to the bishop of Cahors in 1270. Renovated in the 15th century, the church underwent the impacts of the wars of religion, which leaves it in ruins, with the exception of the bell tower and the flamboyant portal. In 1645, she was again built according to a single nave plan with a flat bedside and side chapels. At the beginning of the 19th century, it was deemed aging. Between 1866 and 1870, the architect Jules Bourdais undertook its reconstruction, with a nave and collaterals whose supports are in cast iron. The church is part of the neo-Gothic style of the second half of the 19th century. A painted decor is produced by Father Léris in 1902, and she had a set of stained glass produced by Dominique Rigaud, a master glassmaker from Toulouse.