Picture of Headquarters of the Ghent factory - Loiccas - © Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.fr) Picture of Headquarters of the Ghent factory - POP Plateforme Ouverte du Patrimoine / Base Mérimée - © Ministère de la Culture (France), Direction Régionale des Affaires Culturelles du Grand Est – Tous droits réservés Picture of Headquarters of the Ghent factory - Sous licence Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.fr) - Par Loiccas - © Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.fr) Picture of Headquarters of the Ghent factory - Sous licence Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.fr) - Par Garitan - © Creative Commons (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.fr)

Saint-Dié-des-Vosges : Headquarters of the Ghent factory

Vosges

Reference

PA88000053

Latitude

48.28336863

Longitude

6.96092651

Address

25 Rue des 4 Frères Mougeotte 88100 Saint-Dié-des-Vosges

Construction era

2e quart 20e siècle

Protection date

2013/07/18 : inscrit MH

Protection cause

Les éléments suivants du bâtiment du siège social défini selon son emprise historique (à l'exclusion de l'extension) : les façades et toitures ; l'entrée et le vestibule ; la cage d'escalier avec l'ensemble des verrières ; le bureau du directeur avec ses décors immeubles par nature (cad. AS 91) : inscription par arrêté du 18 juillet 2013

Description

Built between 1935 and 1936, the headquarters of the Ghent factory presents a reinforced concrete structure. The building has an irregular shape, made up of two longitudinal sections developed on three or four levels, arranged in V and centered around a rotunda. The architecture shows a concern for structure and symmetry, typical of the classic style of the 1930s. The rotunda, which rises above the rest, is decorated with a large wrought iron door of art deco style and a bas-relief representing the emblem of the company, a rhino. Only the entrance, the stairwell and the director's office kept their original arrangements.

Close monuments