Guingamp : Hotel
Côtes-d'ArmorReference
PA00089188
Latitude
48.561317012871
Longitude
-3.1503780526881
Address
21 Rue Notre-Dame 22200 Guingamp
Construction era
16e siècle
Protection date
2021/10/08 : inscrit MH
Protection cause
L'hôtel situé 21 rue Notre-Dame, à savoir la maison en totalité, la cour, le jardin subsistant avec ses murs de clôture et les vestiges du portail du potager, à l'exclusion des ajouts contemporains, figurant au cadastre, section AH parcelle n°71, suivant le plan joint à l'arrêté : inscription par arrêté du 8 octobre 2021
Description
The house is known by several names: "Hôtel des Monnaies (or La Monnaie)", "Hôtel du Cheval Blanc", "Hôtel de l'Emperor and travelers", etc. There is a tradition according to which a monetary striking workshop was located in the surroundings during the time of the Dukes of Brittany, that is to say in the 14th century and in the first half of the 15th century, but nothing proves that it was at the site of the current building. Between 1587 and 1640, Gilles Juhel, a rich merchant who became mayor in 1592, acquired several land and houses, among which could be our building. Between 1644 and 1649, Yves de Krémeur also acquired a group of houses, courses and gardens in the same district. In 1731, the Hôtel du Cheval Blanc, managed by Mathurine Huet, underwent numerous development work before being sold in 1734 in Guillaume Delpeuch.